Friday, October 19, 2012

It's Been A While

Who would have guessed senior year would be so busy? I just figured it would be like my high school senior year - the same amount of work with the added joy of applying to college. Boy was I wrong. I decided to go the extra mile and take on 20 credits (full time status starts at 12, most people take 15-17) along with working and doing research because I thought I could handle it. And I would be able to, if I didn't have the added task of applying to graduate school and taking the GREs. All together, that is a lot of work which I hadn't mentally prepared myself for.

I think the hardest thing about this semester is getting letters of recommendation from my professors. I tend to only talk to my professors when I don't understand something in class because, well, that's all I thought I needed to do. So now I've been at the same college for three whole years and I'm afraid nobody knows me well enough to write a letter of recommendation.

Another unexpected difficultly is writing my personal statement. I have absolutely no idea what I need to include in there. Do you? If so, do you have any tips on writing one? Sorry for being absent for so long, it's been a rough semester so far.

1 comment:

Gossip_Grl said...

WOW sounds like you'll be very busy this last year! Wishing you all the best!