Sunday, February 5, 2012

Laundry Should Not Be This Challenging

In my apartment building there are two washers and two dyers, each located in the basement of Tower C. I try to do my laundry on Sunday's because that's how my mom use to always do it and I am not one for change. With every intention of making today a productive day I hopped out of bed, threw on some Sunday clothes, and gathered the dirty stuff for the laundry. Using two washers greatly reduces the time it takes to do wash since the washer takes 30 minutes and the dryer takes about an hour (sometimes more, depending on how the dryer feels that day). Everything went fine with washer number one but washer number two...that monster not only wouldn't turn on but it ate my quarters also! So now laundry is going to take all day. I think I put up a good fight at least.

The other thing I noticed when preparing my clothing was how heavy my basket was. I really need to get back to the gym. To be honest I do miss it as well. I could run my little heart out and then lift until my limbs felt like jello. I would always challenge myself to see how fast I could run a mile - the fastest I ever got was 6 minutes and 39 seconds. That's pretty impressive for me though, I am an overweight smoker. The most interesting part about me going to the gym over summer break this past year was I didn't end up losing any weight, or at least I don't think I did, but I did drop a pants size and toned my body a bit more. That's what I miss the most, my toned-ish body. This school year I've watched my muscle slowly disappear.

My brain feels nice and muscular though. Todays lineup of work includes:

  • Finish biochemistry lab report on detecting carbohydrates in proteins
  • Read section from John Locke's Second Treatise on Government
  • My database design project #1
  • Study some genetics
  • Biochemistry study guides chapters 14 and 15
  • Study some psychology of human development
Maybe if I have time after all of that I can get ahead of the game and do some work that's not due until next week! Probably not though. Happy super bowl 46 everyone!

1 comment:

Judy said...

My daughter is a 19 year old college student and all this sounds kind of familiar! Lucky you to have such a brain that can handle the sciences!