Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Need a New Book to Read

I just finished my current pleasure read last night and now I'm left wondering what to read next. Believe it or not I do have time for pleasure reading! Sure I don't read my textbooks because of it, but oh well, isn't that what lecture is for? This is the most I've used my Kindle in the past year and I love it.

It seems to be happening more and more that I get confused with my cousin. We have the same name because she married into the family and it turns out that we go to the same doctor. Last time I went they thought I was her and I had to explain to the nurses that I am not married nor do I have a child. I decided this year to get my taxes done at a new place and apparently my cousin goes there too. When I called to make the appointment and told the lady my name she asks me if I'm sure I'm a new client and if I ever had a previous last name. Nope, I'm the original. I understand why everyone gets so confused, my name is not at all common and for the area that we live in, which is the absolute middle of nowhere, it's even rarer to come into contact with someone with the exact same name. This will only get more interesting as time goes on.

2 comments:

Laura Josephsen said...

What kind of books do you like to read?

I don't get confused with anyone, but I imagine that would be difficult! Mostly, I get people saying my last name wrong. "Mrs. Josephine" is the most common. ;)

Unknown said...

I can imagine that would get irritating after a while!

As embarrassing as this is to admit I haven't read much of anything in so long that I'm not sure what types of books I like to read anymore. I would normally go to the bookstore and browse through titles but it's difficult to do that online. Any suggestions would be appreciated!