Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Freedom At Last!

Long time no post, my friends. I've had a rather hectic couple of weeks: Belief and Though and Philosophy exams the week of the 10th, Genomics and Micro exams the week of the 17th, and then a Biochemistry exam today. Those along with multiple quizzes and the every day activities. I survived the first week with scores above the 90's in both those classes, but they are the GPA boosters that I have this semester. Now one would ask why am I not studying or doing more work such as reading? I don't think my brain can take anymore for the night. I stayed up studying last night, woke up early this morning to study before the exam, I'm pretty pooped.

I quit smoking. Starting this past Saturday, I officially quit. Done for good. Let's see what new stress habits I get.

I've been having rather unsettling dreams lately about a person who is no longer a part of my life. I don't know how to make them go away either. It's not even an enjoyable dream, in every one I had where he is in it I'm either really irritated or just plain pissed off. And then I think about it for the rest of the day wondering why he was in my dream and why I was so pissed off at him and my whole day is just thrown off. How can I make these go away? I don't want to think about him anymore. He is no longer a part of my life and I like it that way.

My major is the same age as I am. For some odd reason it makes me feel good. The human genome project is older than I am, which is really funny because it's something that I've wanted to be a part of since I realized what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I get that exam back tomorrow, I think I did rather well on it. Just like the one today, I felt so confident when handing it in. Although I have found a pattern that when a person feels confident when handing in an exam he or she has normally done terrible, but if that same person were to hand it in feeling like he or she just handed in their shittiest work ever, the person probably did fine. I wonder if that has anything to do with expectation though. When I handed in my exam today I thought I did the work of higher than an 80, personally I thought I did good enough work to get somewhere around the 90's. If I get it back and I didn't do that well I'm going to be very disappointed with myself. When I handed in my micro exam I expected to fail it, so when I got my grade back I was extremely surprised to find out what my grade was (which I will not be sharing since it is far less than acceptable for me). If I expect to fail...then when I don't I'm surprised? I will have to wait and see what my grade is. Which he better get to me faster than the last one.

Halloween is by far one of the best holidays ever. We decorated the apartment in September and I don't want to have to take them down after Halloween. I bought a costume this year too! I'm a pirate. I wonder if I will actually wear it. I have to go home for work this weekend and unfortunately I am not allowed to wear my costume to work. I hope I don't work in the evening so I can go out Saturday night and wear it to a Halloween party. I love Halloween :)

No comments: