Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Fine Day

Today was a bit of a rough day. It involved me waking up at 7:30 (I know, that's not early at all for most, but considering my first class is at 11 it is for me) after staying away until around 1:30 studying microbiology all night. Best part: once I finally fell asleep last night my dreams were about all the information that I had just studied. It was fun. But among the lovely school problems (that never end, in case anyone hasn't figured that one out yet) I have my love life to deal with. What a shit show that one is. I must admit, I'm a bit concerned with the fact that I haven't met anyone yet that I've truly liked who has had that much interest in me. There is also the fact that I really want someone to bond with, someone to cuddle and just be with. Someone who wants to spend time with me.

Just got over a cold. Those things are really nasty! So, do I get the flu shot even though I just got over being sick? Or do I wait, or just not get it at all? The rhino virus is bad enough, I can't even imagine what the flu would be like (thank god I have never gotten it before). Although losing my appetite for a week made me lost five pounds, I am pretty sure I will be content with never getting another cold, or anything else for that matter, for the rest of my life.

I can't believe that there's only five weeks left of classes for the semester. I registered last night. Time really does just fly by when you get older. Back in elementary school, a year felt like an eternity. It took forever for Christmas to come back around, the school year seemed to never end, and the days would drag on. Is it sad that I kind of want to go back to that? Where there wasn't a care in the world except who was around to play with that afternoon. No biochemistry, no microbiology, no computers or cell phones. I went on a cruise in the middle of May and I left my phone off for the entire week we were there. It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be, but everyone I went with turned theirs on as soon as we got to the island to check and see how many missed calls and texts and Facebook notifications they had. Which leads me to my next inquiry...I was considering taking a month off of work during the summer and just driving around the country. Mapping out places that I have always wanted to go to and just doing it. But the most important part about the trip would be the fact that I will be making it alone. I have a little extra cash and if I continue to save up I should have plenty to do it. Is it worth it though? Worth going out into the big, bad world and exploring the country? Or should I save my money since I'm a wimpy little college student? I haven't told anyone yet because I'm not sure if I can handle what they are going to say. Something to ponder about until next time.

No comments: